Sunday, November 04, 2007

every day spent with you is like having a cesaerian section

David Sedaris: (Eyeing me carefully) Hello. Have we met before?
Me: Nope.
David Searis: OK. And what's your name? (Starts signing book)
Me: Deepa.
David Sedaris: And how do you spell that?
Me: D as in David (ha), E, E, P as in Peter, A. I have a whole schpiel because people have issues with my name.
David Sedaris: How do you spell your last name?
me: C as in cat, H, U, N as in Nancy, G as in God, I.
David Sedaris: Well. You could really have fun with that. You know, G as in... I don't know.
Me: Yeah, people get a kick out of G as in God. They find it..umm.. amusing.
David Sedaris: So are you here on a date?
Me: Actually, we're married. Got married about two years ago. He almost left when he saw the line like the guy in front of us*, but I guilted him into it.
David Sedaris: Yeah, a lot of boyfriends are not thrilled when they realize they have to wait in this line. They come up looking like this (Makes angry/annoyed face.)
Me and Josh: (Laugh)
David Sedaris: So then I tell them that for standing in line, they will get a blow job.
Me and Josh: (Laugh some more.)
David Sedaris: And some of them get even angrier.
Me: Yeah, because they know its not going to happen.
David Sedaris: (LAUGHS OUT LOUD!! OUT LOUD!!! AT MY COMMENT! And then gives Josh a look of amusement and pity.)

* The guy in front of us left his girlfriend because he didn't want to stand in the line. When asked who she came with, the girl told David Sedaris that her boyfriend, but he left when he saw the wait. So David Sedaris says that they should tell him that she was raped in line. All because he left her alone. And then he drew her with a talk bubble. Wonder what it said.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You met David Sedaris? On November 4th? What a great day!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

haha - it was only the best day ever...

9:14 PM  
Blogger sara* said...

Hey Deepa - I found your blog through Sara G... My husband and I were at David Sedaris that night too. Didn't get our book signed, but obviously we should have tried!

Hope you're well!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home