Thursday, September 04, 2008

NH Ladies Weekend!

So most of you guys know that I grew up with a lot of family friends in Long Island. Well, you probably know that most of them were boys. The older ones, as boys do, got married. And they married well. Really well. I couldn't have chosen better for them if I had tried.

But when Shila wanted to put together a weekend in the great outdoors, I was skeptical at best. How will four girls in their 20's and five busy moms manage to find one weekend free. It is hard enough to get 2 people together, let alone 9.


But it happened! A few weeks ago, they drove, we drove and planted our flag at the Golden Eagle Lodge in Waterville Valley, NH.


We had a blast. So. Much. Food. Put some Indian moms together and you are garunteed to feast. And feast. And feast. We had dinner at my mom's on Friday, breakfast at my place on Saturday morning, a pot luck picnic lunch Saturday, a Mexican orgy of food on Saturday night, a breakfast of leftovers Sunday morning and we capped of the weekend with some Dunkin Donuts (obvs).


Here are some highlights. For all the pics - go here!


My wonderful breakfast! Pretty standard Deepa: fritatta, peach coffee cake, fruit, tomatoes and juice.
Shila and I are marveling at nature. Divya is laughing at us.


There are a lot of great shots of my mom and sister from that weekend, but this is my favorite.
You could buy a bag of stones and "mine" for precious stones here. I thought it was an interesting shot (and not done in sepia)

Yes, this is our luggage for ONE night. One.
My beautiful mother. I love her so much.
The gang at the waterfall. It was one of those perfect summer days.
The gang at the caves.
Divya floating past me in a kayak. She picked it up very quickly! (Apprentlly she was so quick to learn that we had to put a tranq dart in her neck. She was drowsy all weekend....)
Meepa!
My mom and Suma Auntie out on the water.
Happy feet in the creek!
Waterfall shots.
Sunlight reflecting on the water was too tempting not to shoot. I have about a half dozen of these.
Sun on the water. My mom in her element.



And last but DEF not least, the ass that won't quit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two comments for you about the pictures. The first is funny: The one where Divya is going past you in a kayak looks like you have a tranq dart stuck in you at first glance. It made me jump out of my seat at first. Then I laughed.

Second, the picture of your mother is BEAUTIFUL.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

haha - i totally didnt notice that! i amended my post - thanks!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Kiwi said...

Aw D those pics are great! Looks like you had a lot of fun, and I imagine the air must have been wonderful there. :)

PS, The tranq dart photo = hilarious
PPS, I love how you had to specify that one pic wasn't sepia :P haha
PPPS, I LOVE the luggage shot, SOOO funny!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

hah - thanks! we had a really good time:) you will be getting some of that mountain air in swizterland soon! yay!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home