Thursday, November 13, 2008

flash unhappy

So you may have noticed that I don't really use the flash when I take pictures, but I am still trying to figure out how to get the no-flash setting to focus on the new camera. Many pictures have fallen victim to the fuzziness. Anyway, here are some pictures from dinners this week . some with the flash and some without. Thoughts? 

Ok, sure this doesn't LOOK that appetizing, but it tasted good, trust me. Thai butternut squash curry with spinach a la Josh. Not so great half warmed up for a 2pm lunch at your desk three days laster... FYI.

Last night, I WAS going to make lentil soup. Then I read the reviews and everyone was like, you MUST use stock. which I thought we had. I was wrong. i also WAS going to saute some chicken to serve alongside it, but no stock meant no soup, so I made this chicken hash instead. Potatoes, Onions, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary and some fresh parsley did wonders for the store-bought rotisserie chicken. I had also picked up a half a wheat baguette at ABP on the way home. Some olive oil, fresh parmesan and a few minutes under the toaster oven's broiler and we had a nice fall-y meal. There was also salad, but it was boring Deepa salad - lettuce,  halved grape tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I could eat that combination forever, but I think Josh is going to rebel soon. 
THESE are the best dumplings ever. I won't even begin to pretend that I made them. I picked them up from Wang's (heh) on the way home from work today. I don't know how they do it. These dumplings are perfect. Plump, moist, pan fried to the perfect amount of crispy on one side. No grease, no oil. Amazing amazing dumplings. We have a bag full of frozen ones in the fridge, but I didn't feel like thawing and boiling, so they remain there, waiting for another lazy day.
(No flash here)
Flash in use.

3 Comments:

Blogger H said...

2 things.

1.) a tripod
2.) longer exposure

12:22 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

ooh thanks!

reading the manual may help as wel....

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kiwi said...

I always have issues deciding whether to use flash or no flash as well. :(

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home