Wednesday, April 01, 2009

bundle(s) of joy?

Me: So, you know how our doctor was on vacation?
Josh: No, but go ahead.
Me: Well, I got a call from her today. She just got back and took a look at my latest lab results and ultrasound. She said my blood levels seemed off and that she noticed something on the last ultrasound. So she had me come in this afternoon.
Josh: (looks very alarmed)
Me: Nono! Everything is fine. Everyone is healthy. But....we learned that I... ummm... am ... we are....having twins.
Josh: (blank stare)
Me: Yeah, the reason we didn't see the other one til now is becuase he wasn't growing as fast as his brother. He was really well hidden on the last ultrasound.
Josh: (now white as a sheet and speechless)
Me: APRIL FOOLS! (jumps on Josh and starts tickling him)
Josh: (breathing again and trying not to smile) Get off of me, you wench.
Me: (continues to laugh hysterically for at least five minutes)


Sigh.. loves it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Courtney said...

Love it. Hahaha. But that is pretty mean. It's taken my coworker some time to get used to the idea--and his wasn't a joke!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hate April Fool's, but, OMG. That was hilarious.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Becca said...

ahahahaaaaa!! omg my heart stopped!

5:42 PM  
Blogger tarah said...

LOL I almost stopped reading half way through and called you...good thing I kept reading. (I always fail those instructions test where the first one is to read all of the instructions before starting)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Kiwi said...

Hahahahhaa!!! I kinda hate Aprils Fools too but that was a great one!! (Cruel but hilarious and creative).

K tried to prank me - thankfully he was the only one who attempted to all day. Unsuccessfully.

It went something like this...

k - 'I need to tell you something... I am going to Iran. Next week.'
me - 'Why? Did something happen?! Oh I hope nobody you know there is really sick or something!'
k - 'No, I'm moving there. I am re-evaluating my life, I have quit my job, and I've just decided this is what I need to do.' (or something to that effect).
me - 'HahahHAHAHA. Nice try, on Aprils Fools.'
k - 'Damn!'
Better luck to him for trying to trick me next time, didn't work at all. ;)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

poor josh - he really had a good sense of humor about it.

haha - kiwi - that's hilarious. no one puts one by you:)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a cruel, cruel woman.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home