Friday, December 08, 2006

i said BURR! (clap, clap)

of my 25 years on this earth, only three winters have been spent away from boston. thats 22 winters of bitter cold and snow, and icy walkways and biting winds that makes your bones cold. and yet, when this weather arrives, i am always, always caught off gaurd. i waltzed outside this morning in a leather jacket and the blue pashmina that becca got me from france. no gloves. no hat. i almost cried at the bus stop.

every year, i learn the hard way. i think i believe that the weather will conform to my outfit. if only...

on a brighter note, after months of wanting a shiny new black ipod, and talking about whether or not my wanting one would justify the expense, esp since i HAVE one, my ipod broke. i was very verbal about getting a replacement but didn't think anything would come of it, until josh came home with a shiny new black ipod last night! but it was a classic case of be careful what you wish for. now am going to the apple store tonight to see if they can fix my scratchy old white one. if not, then i will keep the shiny new black one. i feel guilty about getting something i don't really need when we are trying our best to save money . wanting it and knowing that i don't need it just made me feel guilty when i got it.

i talked to my mom about it and she figured that josh hasnt learned to say no yet. i want EVERYthing my little heart covets and tend to mention it to josh. lately it has been a new laptop (we have my sister's old one just sitting there, i just want a mac), a tennis bracelet (i don't even wear jewelry) aand a trip to london (right). i am WELL aware that none of that is going to happen, nor do i think it should or is practical or feasible in any way. it will just take time for him to learn how to tune out the crazy ones and hone in on the little things that will make my day.

that doesn't mean i won't be THRILLED if they can't fix scratched old white ipod. if i keep the shiny new black one, i am naming him Max, Jr.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home