Monday, September 08, 2008

illiterate?

the actors of "failure to launch" MUST have not read the script before they agreed to do this movie. maybe they can't read and don't want to admit it. or maybe they thought it would be hilarious to make a bad movie. well, the joke's on them. it must have been the worst movie i have ever seen. ever. and i watched a LOT of bollywood moveis... nothing made SENSE! she is this perky person! she is so sweet! she is lashing out at her best friend! oh no - she is the most unhappy person in the world! seriously, what?

who pays for these to be made? i mean, SOMEone has to greenlight this. not only to agents and talent have to approve this, someone at some studio is like - this is schlock, let's spend millions of dollars making it. i would just love it if they just took all the money they WASTED on this movie and gave it to the poor.

some others that were made for no reason? the hottie and the nottie (didnt need to see that to know it was bad), superbad (ugh - although that probably didn't cost much to make), Indy 4 (boooo - although it made like $300 million, so maybe it was justified from a business sense), that movie where sean connery was a dragon... any others?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi said...

Failure to Launch was one of those movies so bad I wanted to stab my eyes. It's one of those things that truly made me feel like I wasted some precious life hours with drivel. I can sit through some pretty bloody bad movies but there are some that push the limit, and that one was one of them.

Another one was The Love Guru. I don't mean 'The Guru' with Jimi Mistry, I like him and that movie was ok, but The Love Guru with Austin Powers made me die a little inside it was SO EFFING BAD.

I loooved Superbad though.. hehe. I tend to like most of the movies those guys put out :) K laughed so much he fell off the bed when we watched Superbad, I almost stopped breathing cos it made me laugh so much.... :P hehehe.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

ahhhh - superbad is very polarizing. another movie i HATED was napolean dynamite. his voice made my brain want to escape via my ears....but other people LOVED it.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you liked Failure to Launch that much, you should DEFINITELY check out Fool's Gold. Fool's Gold is so bad it makes Failure to Launch look like The 400 Blows.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

you saw fool's gold?

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the perks of your current matrimonial bliss is you no longer have to engage in the ritualistic tortures of what we on the outside call "dating."

Yes, I saw Fool's Gold. No, I didn't want to. But she was blond and a massage therapist and I'm... I'm weak.

5:21 PM  
Blogger SR said...

Jeez, Deepa, tell us how you really feel!
I had the same reaction to Jerry Mguire some time ago, but it went on to win awards and stuff. Shows how much I understand.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

jerry macguire is totally another one. tom cruise being a total jerk and renee taking him back every time is not a good movie.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home