Friday, June 26, 2009

Boston walks

Since I haven't touched my gym card in ages (I miss you Healthworks!) I changed up my commute so I could get more walking in. Instead of taking the bus to Sullivan and the Orange/Green Line in to Back Bay, I have been taking the bus to Davis, taking the Red Line to Charles/MGH and then walking about 20 minutes to the office. It is a beautiful walk down Charles St and then through the park and the favorite part of my day. I loved seeing all the dogs and babies out and about. Even though I wouldn't be strolling through the Gardens with my stroller, it gave me something to look forward to.

I didn't have my camera on my me for all these walks, but when I did, I snapped some shots. Some are from my morning/afternoon walks and some are from a recent trip to the Copley farmer's market.

On the unseasonably hot days of April, walking through these sprinklers meant an instant smile.
Make way for REAL ducklings!
Swans on the nest.
Root vegetables are all the rage. These carrots looked amazing. IF I had bought some, I would have sautéed then with some brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. With these tiny sweet carrots, you really can't go wrong.
Beets! I wish I knew how to cook these; the look so pretty.

Even bruised, I thought this tomato was cute. There were a bunch like this in the basket. A few more weeks and tomatoes will REALLY be in season. I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi said...

Aww, those pictures are absolutely lovely! :)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

Thanks! We had some really great weeks in May, but June has been rain rain rain. I'll keep posting Boston pics when I can - it misses you!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home