Sunday, May 31, 2009

Labor: Take One!

What we thought was pain from too much running around this weekend (sunny walks, late dinners out, closet reorganization, etc) was actually contractions. I know. 

Things I learned this weekend:
1 - My prepreggo weekend diet of a handful of meals, late nights, and decaf coffee will not cut it at 33 weeks.... 
2 - When they say dehydration causes contractions, they weren't lying. 
3 - I don't like contractions. At all. 
4 - I also don't like IVs. At ALL. 
5 - My baby is already at the "head" of the class. The mid-wife on call could feel his head through my cervix! He is all in position and ready to go. I am so proud. 
6 - Although I didn't have the best angle during the ultrasound, Josh said the baby looked amazing. He is gaining weight like a pro; his legs and arms are getting ready for us to feast on! I thought my 18-week ultrasound was the last one, so even though this was not under the best circumstances, I was happy to take any pictures of the kid that I could get. 
7 - I want a fetal heart rate monitor! Too bad you can't register for one... Having the sound of his heartbeat fill the room and be able to see the needle jump every time he moved for 3 whole hours was heaven. 
8 - If this afternoon's hospital visit is even the slightest indication of what labor is going to be like, labor is going to blow.
9 - I don't know what I would do without Josh. 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you like to borrow my poster of a kitten hanging from a rope with the "hang in there" caption?

7:26 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

Haha - I'll take it!

10:40 AM  
Blogger tarah said...

.....I feel like I don't have the appropriate life experience to adequately comment on this.

However, I will say that I'm glad to hear you're doing well and your baby's awesome and you sorta got to see/hear him!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Eeek & yay, all at the same time! Glad the baby is still baking, and you're both OK. And yes, labor does blow.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

haha - thanks for the words of wisdom, Trace! I have a feeling an epidural is in my future....

8:24 AM  
Blogger Kiwi said...

Same here, I feel like I don't have the 'life experience' to comment on this with any real substance either but I just have to say wow, I am glad to hear Baby is doing well and that you've got good support :)

And it is exciting hearing your updates :)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home