Thursday, August 17, 2006

trading up

bought my sophomore year of high school, my little elph was the height of cuteness and functionality. small enough to fit in my purse, little elph came with me everywhere: chorus/band awards dinners, school plays, the beach, india, dan's house, my house, holiday parties, lunches outside, the cape, borderland, the last days of high school, graduation parties, 2 weeks in italy and greece (10 rolls of film) freshman year of college, sophomore parties in the dorm, india again, london, madrid, amsterdam, our three week jaunt from praha to positano (only 8 rolls this time), senior year, senior week, india again, weddings, three years in nyc, birthday dinners, the gates, the view from my hoboken office, ann arbor, baseball games, football games, soccer games, the honeymoon (yes, in india), revisits to nyc, and last weekend.

while the world was buying digital cameras and emailing everyone their kodak and snapfish links, i plugged away with little elph, driving down route one to get them developed (only the best for my little elph). people booed, the jeered, they complained. "turn it around!" they would say, in anticipation of seeing the picture i just took. "you want to see how many pictures i have left?" it was almost a matter of pride.

this morning, however, i took little elph out of my bag and tossed it onto the sofa. my new even littler elph, with 6.0 megapixels and a shiny new case, was carefully placed in, thoughts of where the best open shutter pictures could be taken milling around in my head.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Congratulations on the new addition. ;o)

1:53 PM  
Blogger H said...

oooooh, i, too, am considering an upgrade... the differences being it's my laptop and i should really be too poor to even consider trading up an option...

2:15 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

well, if you can justify that you are buying it for school....

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home