Tuesday, September 16, 2008

potato awesome

josh is out of town this week and i haven't gone grocery shopping and one cannot eat $20 worth of chinese take out every night (what?). we had some potatoes, some leeks, some sour cream, and the usual acroutromonts, so i made mashed potatoes the usual way (sour cream, some butter, skins on), sautéed some bacon and leeks, added thyme and parmesan and piled everything onto my plate. 

as i was eating my bacon/potato/leek/sour cream/parmesan cheese combo, i named it "potato awesome" and realized something about myself. my naming skills are brilliant. 

here are some other potential potato awesome combos: broccoli and cheddar and chives. salsa and that mexican soft cheese that i love so much. baked beans and sharp cheddar. 

i didn't take a picture, because honestly, it was not very photogenic, but potato awesome is my new way of getting rid of leftovers. any other combos do you think would work?

1 Comments:

Blogger SR said...

Non cooking cooking is the best! I plan to do a post on all the non cooking things I'm discovering, like meatballs from Ikea. :)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home