Saturday, October 04, 2008

india

Throughout the trip, I would notice something about India, or me or my family and make a note of it. But now, after being back for a week, I just don't feel like rehashing. So, instead, pictures!

After taking pictures of food for so long, I realized how spoiled I have become. Taking pictures of moving things and people is hard! Whine whine. So a lot of my action shots got trashed, and here are some shots of... umm.. food, among other things. More shots here.

We ate out the first night in Bhopal. It was quite the spread.
My grandfather. 
And grandmother. 
This may be my favorite picture from the trip. Dhai puri is a small puri, with a hole on punched on one side of the shell. It is then filled with spiced dhai and chutney and all sorts of things that are too delicious to mention. You then pop the whole thing in your mouth and try not to let dhai dribble out of your smile. 
The lassi was so thick, the spoon didn't even sink. It was a meal in itself. I miss India. 
A quick shot of the kitchen as I walked by. 
This is where my grandparents and two of my aunts live. My two grandparents, my aunt and uncle, their two sons and another aunt and uncle and their daughter all lived here in three rooms. Then my aunt built another story and then my other aunt built ANOTHER story and now the place is huge. With all my cousins working or in school, the place just feels big and empty. Soon, my aunts will come to the UK or states to be with their kids. I wonder what will happen to the place. It makes me sad to think about it. 
My aunt shopping for papaya. I love the lighting in this shot. 
This shot too, My mom is choosing anaar (pomegranate).
This was just me, bored and tired. But I like the contrast in fabrics and my feet in the distance. 
My dad's sister framed in the doorway. 
Like mother like daughter - check out the profiles. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi said...

Lovely photos! I've missed your blogging. :) Kabir was explaining the joys of good dhai puri to me last summer at this Indian festival - I'm sure he'd really appreciate that particular pic hehe!

Sounds like you had a great time, I'm glad. :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger ice cream addict (=^_^=) said...

I love Dhai puri too! Too bad I haven't found a good place for it in Boston. :( Love your blog!

Hana

12:23 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

thanks hana!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home