Monday, June 11, 2007

ER

so we had a little trip to the ER on saturday night. josh and his modeling knife had a disagreement around 11:30 and at 11:40 we were in the car on the way to mt. auburn hospital. It was a pretty uneventful as ER visits go; we were the only ones in the waiting room, and waited just 10 minutes for the midnight shift change.

The resident was adorably nervous and josh and i put everything we had into not calling him "newbie", and the attending totally looked like the todd. And we watch too much scrubs. moving on.

they wrapped up what was left of the tip of his thumb (a dime size piece was waiting for us at home) and stitched up the gash on his middle finger. When the attending came to check the stitches, he was about 4 feet away, gave them a quick glance and said "good" while walking away. I couldn't help but think about the 20 minute inspection my hair dresser's teacher gave my head when he came to approve the cut she gave me. I am glad no one caught me smiling to myself; not sure what I would have said.

The patient is fine. It could have been a lot worse and I am thankful that he he will heal almost completely. The only thing I am not thankful for is that he can't do dishes for the next week or so. meh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh no! the Orcs have planned an attack! hahaha. glad to hear he's ok. hehehe.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

haha - actually he was working on building a tank. he hasn't sat down at the table since saturday... poor kid...:(

9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAHA oh no he's been traumatized! oh that is sad. and kinda funny at the same time. he'll get over it, he's one tough cookie!

i get to see you guys in 3 WEEKS!!! AHHHH!!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home