Tuesday, July 31, 2007

pictures!

as promised, here are some pics from the last few weeks.





Here is the lantern festival before my battery ran out.



Harvard Square for the Potter Mania! I lightened the picture a bit so you can see what is going on. That crowd of people is the line into the Curious George Store. They had set up an Olivanders (where you could decorate your own wand), a Honeydukes (free bags of sweets) and a fortune teller. I was in line waiting for my wrist band (so I could get in line later), so I missed the fun, but my friends picked up a wand and candy for me. They waited 40 minutes just to get in. This was around 8:30 and the line for the book already started for this store.

The Fat Lady!



A Golden Snitch! Her costume kicked butt - I was impressed.



When the first movie came out back in 2001, we all got sorted online. Much to my dismay, I was placed in Slytherin. So I went back and gave the computer the obvious Gryffindor answers and was sorted as such. My friend Mike said only a Slytherin would do that.


This was taken from the vestibule of the Coop. We were 115, 116 and 117th in line. After us, the line snaked out the door, past the CVS, past the Body Shop, around the corner, past the Theater, past Border Cafe, then I don't know where. I was in the front, you see:)






As soon as the clock stuck midnight, the line moved quickly and there was a palpable electricty in the air. Of course, I just started taking pictures. The first one is the first box of books they pulled out. (The crowd went nuts.) As the line moved forward, we walked past crates and crates of HP7 bok (not shown). Then I documented the actual purchase of my books (one for Bess). My sister told her cashier that she loved her.


SUCCESS! This was at 12:08. I was home and reading in my PJs by 12:30. Take away the extreme exhaustion and you have my own personal heaven.


Being old, I only made it until 2:30. At 7, when I left for the beach, this is how I found Divya. She passed out at 5:30, lights and glasses on.



Jarrod at Shakespeare in the Park. I love this kid - I just want to feed him heavy pasta and cake. Is that so wrong?


Good looking crowd. Glad we got there early:)



Here are the scallops I made. Did a balsamic glaze and was quite happy with it.





Out for Allie and Jay's visit.




Out for a walk in the South End with Sarita. I have such neighborhood lust whenever I am here. Sigh.

Check out Flickr for the rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home