Friday, September 18, 2009

Gleeful

I am in love. With a TV show (surprise, surprise...). AND I have a new TV boyfriend. The OC's Ryan is a thing of the past. He didn't sing and dance.



Sigh - he is like the cute high school teacher version of JT.

The show is another thing altogether. It is like a funnier, slightly less campy take on HSM. I missed the first two episodes (I might watch them now, actually...) but this episode was great. Four numbers, one of them original. Acapella, choreography, cute dorky white guys that sing and dance, boy band dance moves, it is my idea of the perfect show. All the numbers from last week episode were great, but this version of Mercy blew me away. Dancing AND singing AND life lessons every week!? Bring it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Divya said...

what was the original song? i thought they were all covers

5:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Glee is so much fun to watch! I loved this episode too! We get "Poison" and "Mercy", AND Color Me Badd!! Acafellas is hysterical! I love Quinn! You have to watch the 2nd episode because she sang "Say a Little Prayer" and won me over! I think Rachel is totally annoying, though.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

I didn't recognize that "Rock through your car" song. I figured it was original since it seemed to fit the plot so well.

N - I love Quinn to - esp that parting line to the coach.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kiwi said...

I saw a little clip of Glee briefly, it looked quite cute. I already download a ton of shows (what can I say, I don't live in the US and I need to download everything :'( ) but I am now v.tempted to add it to my list after your high praise of it hehe...!

Although for some reason my current TV crushes run along the lines of killers in the form of Dexter, Sylar from Heroes, or Eric & Bill from True Blood,... hahaha. Even Hank from Californication has appeal through his oft-prickishness, haha. What does that say about me?! ;) I sense a dangerous theme here, hehehe. Chuck & Nate from GG are still appealing too. ;) The more of a good-guy TV character crush is Silas from Weeds. I adore Walter from Fringe too, but not in the crush way haha... I just wish I had a relative like that haha!

D, I'm guessing you watched 17 Again... ;)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Divya said...

that bust the windows out your car song is real... it seems like they concocted the whole car wash thing just to use that song

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home